Happy Place Teacher Training January 2019
Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School
Kula Yoga Center’s Hatha Yoga certification training will fulfill requirements for the candidate to register with Yoga Alliance 200 hour Registered Yoga Trainer.
Jackie looks forward to sharing this enlightening experience on your yogic journey!
This introductory course will foster an insightful awareness of the Body, Mind, and Spirit connection through the ancient Science and Art of Yoga.
Throughout this program we will explore the styles of Hatha- Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yin, Restorative, Aerial, Yoga Barre, and other styles of the physical practice. This course also explores meditation and all branches of the 8 Limbs this practice is founded on. These modalities will be accessible for all levels of practitioners supporting a broad range of teaching tools to allow you to meet your future student’s and client’s needs.
You will gain a deeper understanding and become part of a like minded “Kula” community. Happy Place Yoga Teacher Training Program requires considerable time, commitment, dedication and energy.
- History of Yoga (Patanjali’s Sutras, Goals of Sutras, Roots & Styles of Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy
- Teaching Methodology
- Proper alignment, benefits & potential risks of yoga postures
- The art of voice/music/playlist
- Building confidence through practice teaching
- An introduction into subtle body, bandhas, mudras, doshas, chakras & meditation Sanskrit
- Deposit & Application
Class size is LIMITED!
Kula Yoga Center and Happy Place Teacher Training reserves the right to approve each student prior to entering the program; and also has the right to terminate any students training without a refund.
Your application must be submitted and approved before submitting your NON REFUNDABLE $250 deposit by December 1, 2018 to:
Kula Yoga Center- Port Orange
5537 S. Williamson Blvd. Suite 753
Port Orange, FL 32128
Kula Yoga Center- NSB
107 Magnolia Street
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
Tuition & Payments
$2,600 Regular Tuition (paid in full January 10, 2019)
$2,800 Payment Plan ($561 payments due: Jan 15, Feb. 15, March 15, April 15, May 15)
$250 Early Bird discount if you register by November 1, 2018
Tuition does not include the required reading material or classes.
Memberships are at ½ off during training.
There are no refunds.
Email Jackie at [email protected] with any questions.
Students must have a minimum of one year yoga practice to be considered for program. You must maintain personal practice at Kula Yoga at least once per week and complete all assignments.
Students will be required to keep a practice journal.
- 200 hour RYT Manual
- Personal Journal
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell
- Yoga Anatomy (2edition) by Leslie Kaminoff
- Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga by Deepak Chopra
- 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Light on Life: The yoga Journey to Wholeness by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Meditation on the Mat by Rolf Gates
Ethical Guidelines/Moral Responsibilities
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
Dates: January – May 2019
- Every other weekend:
- Saturday 9-5 p.m. * Sunday 9 -4 p.m.
- 60 classes
Dynamic Yoga Barre Fundamental Training
January 19 & 20
9 a.m. – 6 p.m. & 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Shiva Vinyasa® 300hr Teacher Training Program
3 – 100hr/2 Week Modules
August-November – 2019!
TRAINING OUTLINE & COURSE DESCRIPTION
Students will complete 3x 100hr modules, with each being spread over two weeks. During each module students will be required to be in class Mon-Fri 5-9pm and Sat & Sun 8am-6pm. Each day there will be a Shiva Power® class or a Shiva Vinyasa® class, and a Shiva Meditation® class or Personal Sadhana meditation practice. Additional time will be divided between practice teaching, yoga theory, learning anatomy and physiology, studying yoga philosophy, learning about yoga history and the Shiva Yoga® lineage, practical workshops, and studying alignment and asana breakdown.
Shiva Yoga® draws inspiration from; Dharma Yoga, Vinyasa Krama, Vinyasa Flow, Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Yoga Therapy Rx and Yoga Tune Up.
Founder of Shiva Yoga® and creator of the program, Garth Hewitt, draws on his extensive knowledge and practice of yoga with his teacher’s; Sri Dharma Mittra, Srivatsa Ramaswami, Annie Carpenter, the Patthabi Jois family, Dr. Larry Payne, Dr. Christopher Chapple, and Jill Miller, as well as over 15 years of teaching experience.
Module 1 | Friday, August 23rd – Sunday, September 8th – 2019
Module 2 | Friday, September 20th – Sunday, October 6th – 2019
Module 3 | Friday, October 18th – Sunday, November 3rd – 2019
$3500 if registered by February 15th – 2019
$3800 if registered by April 15th – 2019
$4000 if registered by July 15th – 2019
(Please contact Jackie at Kula Yoga if you are registering after July 15th – 2019 to confirm program availability – [email protected])
IN-CLASS TRAINING HOURS:
Monday – Friday – 5-9pm
Saturday & Sunday – 8am-6pm (2hr Lunch Break)
THE SHIVA YOGA – 300HR – SHIVA VINYASA – LEVEL 2 – TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM WILL HELP YOU DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE & TAKE YOUR TEACHING TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- · Yoga Lineage
- · Modern Styles of Yoga
- · The History of Yoga
- · Yoga As a Practice
- · Yoga As a System of Philosophy
- · Yoga Anatomy
- · Applied Anatomy
- · Asana Breakdown
- · Yoga Etiquette
- · Practice Guidelines
- · Teaching Guidelines
- · Sequencing a Yoga Class
- · Using Props & Modifications and Adjustments
- · Pre & Post Natal Yoga
- · The Business of Teaching Yoga
- · Samkhya Yoga Philosophy
- · Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- · The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- · Meditation
- · Tantra Yoga Philosophy
- · The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- · Cleansing & Purifying Techniques
- · Bandha, Mudra and the Chakras
- · Anatomy of Breathing
- · Pranayama
- · Self Practice
- · Personal Sadhana
- · Practice Teaching
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS 300HR SHIVA VINYASA TRAINING PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- – 300 contact hours with program founder and senior teacher, Garth Hewitt
- – Opening & closing ceremonies and a light ritual
- – A special fire cleansing ritual
- – Daily personal sadhana with pranayama, meditation, mudras and bandhas
- – 2hr Shiva Power master class practices
- – 50+ hrs of asana breakdown
- – Specific asana workshops covering: sun salutations 1 & 2, foundational poses, arm balances, hip opening, head balance poses and the shoulder stand sequence, handstands, and backbends.
- – A special partner yoga workshop
- – 50+ hrs of meditation, pranayama, sequencing, practice guidelines, teaching guidelines, yoga as a practice, the history of yoga, yoga as a system of philosophy, Samkhya yoga, The yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Tantra yoga, pre & post natal yoga, props & modifications and adjustments, and the business of teaching yoga
- – 50+ hrs of practice teaching
TESTIMONIALS OF PREVIOUS STUDENTS:
“A life changing experience! So grateful for the wisdom shared and the new friendships formed.” — Kristin Hughes
“Super amazing jam-packed course. So in depth and detailed. Best way to describe this course is to experience it yourself. Loved it despite the difficulty. No fire – no freedom!” — Andrew
ESSAY QUESTIONS FOR THOSE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
1. What is Yoga? In your own words please tell us what the word yoga means to you.
2. How has practicing yoga affected you and your relationship to the world?
3. What was your first yoga class or experience?
4. Please tell us a little more about your current practice. How long have you been practicing? How many times a week do you practice or come to class? Who are your teachers and who has influenced you in your practice?
5. Where did you complete your 200hr Teacher Training Program? Please tell us a little about the school and the teachers who led the program, and share the most important thing you learned in this program.
6. Please describe your life history and your profession.
6. What do you hope to get out of this 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program and why have you chosen this program?
7. What do you want to change in your life?
*Please answer these essay questions and submit them prior to the start of the program to: [email protected] or bring them with you on the first day your program begins.
REQUIRED READING MATERIALS:
Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
Asanas – 608 Yoga Poses by Sri Dharma Mittra
Hatha Yoga Pradipika – by Swami Muktibhodananda
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Translation by Swami Satchidananda
The Key Muscles of Yoga – by Ray Long
*Training Manual – Pick Up In Person at First Class
*Asana Manual – Pick Up In Person at First Class
*Please visit the recommended reading page at www.garthhewittyoga.com for links to purchase these books online through Amazon.com or ask if they are available at your studio for purchase or will be provided by the studio for your program.
**Please bring all required reading materials with you to class unless otherwise instructed. There will be space at the studio for you to leave materials overnight if you do not wish to carry them back and forth during each module.
***Please start to look over the required reading materials as soon as possible. You have plenty of time. There will be time during the training and between modules to read and study these materials. Don’t be overwhelmed. Just begin as soon as you can.
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS:
Yoga Mat (www.manduka.com)
YogaSphere Yogi Pro Kit (www.mama-kuka.com)
Reach Yoga Strap 8’ or 10’ (www.manduka.com)
Recycled Foam Block (www.manduka.com)
2x Deluxe Mexican Yoga Blanket – Solid with Thunderbird (www.barefootyoga.com)
Stainless Steel Tongue Scraper (drtungs.com)
Ceramic Neti Pot (himalayaninstitute.org)
2x Unscented Candles
Personal Item with Sentimental Value
****Most of the above course materials will be provided by the studio that is hosting your program. You may need to purchase your own tongue scraper and neti pot. If these are not available for purchase through your studio, please order them directly through the website listed above or on amazon.com. Please bring your 2 candles and personal item with you on the first day of the program.