Happy Place Teacher Training January 2019
Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School
Kula Yoga Center’s Hatha Yoga certification training will fulfill requirements for the candidate to register with Yoga Alliance 200 hour Registered Yoga Trainer.
Jackie looks forward to sharing this enlightening experience on your yogic journey!
This introductory course will foster an insightful awareness of the Body, Mind, and Spirit connection through the ancient Science and Art of Yoga.
Throughout this program we will explore the styles of Hatha- Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yin, Restorative, Aerial, Yoga Barre, and other styles of the physical practice. This course also explores meditation and all branches of the 8 Limbs this practice is founded on. These modalities will be accessible for all levels of practitioners supporting a broad range of teaching tools to allow you to meet your future student’s and client’s needs.
You will gain a deeper understanding and become part of a like minded “Kula” community. Happy Place Yoga Teacher Training Program requires considerable time, commitment, dedication and energy.
- History of Yoga (Patanjali’s Sutras, Goals of Sutras, Roots & Styles of Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy
- Teaching Methodology
- Proper alignment, benefits & potential risks of yoga postures
- The art of voice/music/playlist
- Building confidence through practice teaching
- An introduction into subtle body, bandhas, mudras, doshas, chakras & meditation Sanskrit
- Deposit & Application
Class size is LIMITED!
Kula Yoga Center and Happy Place Teacher Training reserves the right to approve each student prior to entering the program; and also has the right to terminate any students training without a refund.
Your application must be submitted and approved before submitting your NON REFUNDABLE $200 deposit by November 15, 2017 to:
Kula Yoga Center- Port Orange
5537 S. Williamson Blvd. Suite 753
Port Orange, FL 32128
Kula Yoga Center- NSB
107 Magnolia Street
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
Tuition & Payments
$2,500 Regular Tuition (paid in full January 15, 2019)
$2,800 Payment Plan
$300 Early Bird discount if you register by October 15, 2018
Tuition does not include the required reading material or classes.
Memberships are at ½ off during training.
There are no refunds.
Email Jackie at [email protected] with any questions.
Students must have a minimum of one year yoga practice to be considered for program. You must maintain personal practice at Kula Yoga at least once per week and complete all assignments.
Students will be required to keep a practice journal.
- 200 hour RYT Manual
- Personal Journal
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell
- Yoga Anatomy (2edition) by Leslie Kaminoff
- Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga by Deepak Chopra
- 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Light on Life: The yoga Journey to Wholeness by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Meditation on the Mat by Rolf Gates
Ethical Guidelines/Moral Responsibilities
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
- 2-3 weekends a month. Saturday 9-4 and Sunday 9-3.
Dynamic Yoga Barre
March 24th & 25th
Dynamic Yoga Barre is designed to support the body in both static and dynamic movement leading to long lean physique. Dynamic Yoga Barre classes are known for being empowering, effective, and fun for all ages and levels. It Features the graceful movements of ballet, conditioning in a dynamic yoga practice, and the toning of the deep abdominal muscles that stabilize and strengthen the body in Pilates. Classes are set to upbeat music and involve athletic movements. They also effectively flow through each muscles group, creating endurance and stamina through strength training and increased flexibility through stretching. The recommended sequenced moves are designed to get the body fit!
Dynamic Yoga Barre Training is a method that takes a comprehensive training and brings it to life at your studio. I teach the fundamentals of barre training with lots of sequencing and posture techniques and provide continuous support and mentoring to help you create and teach an awesome class. I give you the fundamentals and building blocks of barre allowing you to bring your class to life with your creativity! Dynamic Yoga Barre is also the first to infuse Vinyasa Flow with Barre, which plays an important roll in centering and balancing the mind as well as warming up the body. This style of barre is a perfect fit for yoga studios who want to add barre to their studio schedule.
Summer Teen Camp
March 2, 9, 16, 23
Today’s teens face tremendous pressure to achieve within a world that is often overwhelming.The tools of yoga and mindfulness offer proven methods of developing the inner resilience needed to
navigate physical, mental and emotional stress. In this program we focus on meditation and journaling, as well as Yoga, barre, and Acro yoga to build empowerment, confidence, and team building skills.
5 components of the Shine Bright Teen Program are:
1. Connect: Mindfulness practice to connect with breath and self.
2. Breathe: Harness the power of breath to manage your emotions and energetic state.
3. Move: Improve physical health and gain confidence in your body.
4. Focus: Increase your ability to stay present in your life.
5. relax: Restore alertness, manage over stimulation and feel at peace.
Recommended Ages- 10-18
Location: Kula Yoga in the Pavilion
Program limit is 20. You must register ahead of time.
Register: @ www.mykulayoga.com
or contact Kelli Durrance
40 Hour Aerial Yoga Teacher Training
The aerial yoga certification offered by Flying Beach Yoga is designed for those students and teachers who wish to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga in the aerial hammock and who wish to share that practice with others. It will prepare those who complete the course with the skills needed to lead a public aerial yoga class.
Training is provided at Kula Yoga in Port Orange.
The course will cover the topics of safety, rigging, spotting, assisting, verbal cueing, anatomy and physiology, and inversions. The participants will also leave with a full class they can teach to the public and will be required to in order to receive their certificate.
We will meet at Kula Yoga in Port Orange:
Saturday & Sunday 3/24 & 3/25/18 9am-7pm, then again Saturday & Sunday 4/7 & 4/8/18 9am-7pm. Attendance and participation in all 4 modules are required for certification as well as teaching 1 public aerial yoga class at Kula Yoga in Port Orange time TBD.
No previous teaching experience is required, however, at least six months of yoga practice is necessary, and some aerial yoga class experience is required. Preference is given to those who are in the process or have completed their RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance.
Purchase of a hammock is required. Please contact Michele at least 2 weeks prior to training to order.
For additional information please contact Michele Guess, ERYT at [email protected] or (386) 290-6620.
Kid’s Yoga Teacher Training
February 24th & 25th 2018
11 am – 7 pm
Port Orange Location
Early Bird Pricing $125 (purchase by 1/31/2018)
$250 Regular Pricing
Michele Guess, eRYT, PharmD, will be teaching you how to interact with children through the practice of yoga. You will learn to teach children mindfulness and present awareness through yoga.
**KULA KIDS IS HIRING KIDS YOGA TEACHERS!!