Shiva Vinyasa® 300hr Teacher Training Program
DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE
TAKE YOUR TEACHING TO THE NEXT LEVEL
3 – 100hr/2 Week Modules
August-November – 2019
TRAINING OUTLINE & COURSE DESCRIPTION
Students complete THREE 100hr modules, each spread over two weeks.
Students must be in class Mon-Fri 5-9pm and Sat & Sun 8am-6pm during each module
Each day there will be a Shiva Power® class OR Shiva Vinyasa® class, AND a Shiva Meditation® class OR Personal Sadhana meditation practice.
Additional time will be divided between:
- practice teaching
- yoga theory
- learning anatomy and physiology
- studying yoga philosophy
- learning about yoga history and the Shiva Yoga® lineage
- practical workshops
- studying alignment and asana breakdown.
Module 1 | Friday, August 23rd – Sunday, September 8th – 2019
Module 2 | Friday, September 20th – Sunday, October 6th – 2019
Module 3 | Friday, October 18th – Sunday, November 3rd – 2019
Register by February 15th – 2019 – $3500
Register by April 15th – 2019 – $3800
Register by July 15th – 2019 – $4000
If you are registering after July 15th, 2019, please contact Jackie at Kula Yoga to confirm program availability: [email protected]
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Yoga Lineage
- Modern Styles of Yoga
- The History of Yoga
- Yoga As a Practice
- Yoga As a System of Philosophy
- Yoga Anatomy
- Applied Anatomy
- Asana Breakdown
- Yoga Etiquette
- Practice Guidelines
- Teaching Guidelines
- Sequencing a Yoga Class
- Using Props & Modifications and Adjustments
- Pre & Post Natal Yoga
- The Business of Teaching Yoga
- Samkhya Yoga Philosophy
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Tantra Yoga Philosophy
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Cleansing & Purifying Techniques
- Bandha, Mudra and the Chakras
- Anatomy of Breathing
- Self Practice
- Personal Sadhana
- Practice Teaching
Highlights for this 300hr Shiva Vinyasa Training:
- 300 contact hours with program founder and senior teacher, Garth Hewitt
- Opening & closing ceremonies and a light ritual
- A special fire cleansing ritual
- Daily personal sadhana with pranayama, meditation, mudras and bandhas
- 2hr Shiva Power master class practices
- A special partner yoga workshop
- 50+ hrs. of asana breakdown
- Specific asana workshops covering:
- sun salutations 1 & 2
- foundational poses
- arm balances
- hip opening
- head balance poses
- shoulder stand sequence
- 50+ hrs of practice teaching
TESTIMONIALS OF PREVIOUS STUDENTS:
“A life changing experience! So grateful for the wisdom shared and the new friendships formed.” — Kristin Hughes
“Super amazing jam-packed course. So in depth and detailed. Best way to describe this course is to experience it yourself. Loved it despite the difficulty. No fire – no freedom!” — Andrew
ESSAY QUESTIONS FOR APPLICATION Submission:
*Please answer these essay questions and submit them prior to the start of the program to: [email protected] or bring them with you on the first day your program begins.
- What is Yoga? In your own words, please tell us what the word yoga means to you.
- How has practicing yoga affected you and your relationship to the world?
- What was your first yoga class or experience?
- Please tell us a little more about your current practice. How long have you been practicing? How many times a week do you practice or come to class? Who are your teachers and who has influenced you in your practice?
- Where did you complete your 200hr Teacher Training Program? Please tell us a little about the school and the teachers who led the program and share the most important thing you learned in this program.
- Please describe your life history and your profession.
- What do you hope to get out of this 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program and why have you chosen this program?
- What do you want to change in your life?
REQUIRED READING MATERIALS:
Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
Asanas – 608 Yoga Poses by Sri Dharma Mittra
Hatha Yoga Pradipika – by Swami Muktibhodananda
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Translation by Swami Satchidananda
The Key Muscles of Yoga – by Ray Long
Training Manual – Pick Up In Person at First Class
Asana Manual – Pick Up In Person at First Class
*Please visit the recommended reading page at www.garthhewittyoga.com for links to purchase these books online through Amazon.com or ask if they are available at your studio for purchase or will be provided by the studio for your program.
**Please bring all required reading materials with you to class unless otherwise instructed. There will be space at the studio for you to leave materials overnight if you do not wish to carry them back and forth during each module.
***Please start to look over the required reading materials as soon as possible. You have plenty of time. There will be time during the training and between modules to read and study these materials. Don’t be overwhelmed. Just begin as soon as you can.
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS:
Yoga Mat (www.manduka.com)
YogaSphere Yogi Pro Kit (www.mama-kuka.com)
Reach Yoga Strap 8’ or 10’ (www.manduka.com)
Recycled Foam Block (www.manduka.com)
2x Deluxe Mexican Yoga Blanket – Solid with Thunderbird (www.barefootyoga.com)
Stainless Steel Tongue Scraper (drtungs.com)
Ceramic Neti Pot (himalayaninstitute.org)
2x Unscented Candles
Personal Item with Sentimental Value
****Most of the course materials will be provided by the studio that is hosting your program. You may need to purchase your own tongue scraper and neti pot. If these are not available for purchase through your studio, please order them directly through the website listed above or on amazon.com. Please bring your 2 candles and personal item with you on the first day of the program.
Shiva Yoga® draws inspiration from; Dharma Yoga, Vinyasa Krama, Vinyasa Flow, Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Yoga Therapy Rx and Yoga Tune Up.
Founder of Shiva Yoga® and creator of the program, Garth Hewitt, draws on his extensive knowledge and practice of yoga with his teacher’s; Sri Dharma Mittra, Srivatsa Ramaswami, Annie Carpenter, the Patthabi Jois family, Dr. Larry Payne, Dr. Christopher Chapple, and Jill Miller, as well as over 15 years of teaching experience.